Brace yourself – there will come a moment in your life when you are the oldest in the room.
After that first moment happens, the rest only get more frequent.
Or maybe it’s the first reference to a band you’ve never heard of, or the first time you complain about a Hollywood sequel.
We all know the effect.
Time has its way of quickly escaping like grains of sand through fingers.
You wake up one day, and the mirror confirms it.
Here are some signs that you might be getting old.
1. You can’t find your phone until the person on the other end of the line tells you that you’re holding it.
2. Choosing clothes and shoes for comfort rather than style
3. You still carry around a notebook and pen.
4. Needing an afternoon nap
5. You find yourself phoning your children when your computer does that thing.
6. Finding you have no idea what ‘young people’ are talking about
7. You spend ages looking for your glasses only to realize that they’re sitting on top of your head.
8. Complaining about the rubbish on television these days
9. You have a strong desire to grow an herb garden.
10. You know your alcohol limit
11. You can’t remember what you were just about to do before you clicked on this…
12. Buying a smart phone but having no idea how to do anything other than make phone calls on it
13. Feeling you have the right to tell people exactly what you are thinking, even if it isn’t polite
14. Paying by cash or cheque rather than using your card
15. Falling ill more often
So you’re old. There’s nothing wrong with that!
It just means you’re one of the lucky ones fortunate enough to have lived a life full of experiences these younger generations will never understand.
Celebrate your wisdom and be proud.
Recognize any of these traits? Share the laughter with family and friends using the buttons below